The detailed map shows how to get every available Pokemon in the game.
I’m so glad someone did this.
Handy to have
I love you Anna.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruit Survival Tip #274:
Please take caution if trying to enter Agent Barton’s ‘nest’. Results may vary.
Snack time(Please also see)
The average human can withstand quite a blow, given that the projectile isn’t too big or too small. As such, one would imagine that getting hit with a suction cup arrow from 12 feet away would be more annoying than anything else.
I am not an average human. I’m too small and too light. At the time, I was also on a ladder.
Thankfully Agent Barton had installed a circus catch-net between the wall and the floor below, and I landed without incident.
“Friend or foe,” he called, bow strung with another suction cup.
“I come bearing gifts,”
“Yea, like I did yesterday and the day before that. Just like I did all last week.”
The next day I pulled Agent Barton’s snack from my bag last. “Two juice boxes, a fiber bar, and…” I plunked down a sandwich bag of nuts and sunflower seeds, “Granola.”
“Why’d you bring that?”
“My parents made a fresh batch the other day and sent me some. I thought you might like it.”
He just stared at it, glumly if I may say so. “I had that coming,”
“Had what coming?” I asked.
Originally written April26, 12:16
we have literally created our own dialogue? language? here on tumblr and i think that is the most amazing thing ever
please disregard my shitty editing skills
no listen this is actually really amazing because this is a real thing. i think this counts as a pidgin language. a pidgin language is basically a changed, simplified version of a language. you can change the spellings of words, pronunciation, grammar rules, or even make up new words. i think. i’d have to research it a bit more to be sure but i’m 90% sure this is right. if its not a pidgin language, then its a lingua franca but thats more used for trade and stuff like that. but still a new language. so yes, we’ve created our own language. we’ve changed the whole sentence structure. we can trail off sentences, say things like “i just cant”, and use words like ship, OTP, fic, fandom, feels, and ship names and everyone will understand what you’re saying. the part that i love most is how people go “OMGH IM CRIIY NIG SOIOO HARD” and understand each other. for example “IM LIUA GHMNIG”. that one was incredibly easy, but if you knew that said “I’m laughing”, congratulations. You speak a pidgin language. we can even say stuff like “Does anyone know of a Johnlock fic, at least 20k words, not a WIP, with no OCs, and is Post-Reichenbach? Or just a Destiel PWP would be great.” To someone not on tumblr, that wouldn’t make any sense. but you understood, didn’t you? One characteristic of a pidgin language is that you have to learn it like a second language. Another characteristic is that it is frequently changing. tumblr goes through many trends with how we talk. if i remember correctly, when i first made an account about two years ago, talking like this wasn’t quite as common. also, that thing of suddenly capitalizing your sentence is fairly recent. you know, when people go “the new epISODE IS TOMORROW”. Like one of the people up there said, all of this is awesome because how else do you easily show emotion and tone over the internet? we’ve even made a whole sense of humour that most people here share in. There’s so much more that I could talk about with this, but i’m tired and i may be entirely wrong about everything. but yes. people on the fandom side of tumblr who speak like this are speaking a new language
As an anthropologist-in-training…I think I can safely say that this is legit. And awesome.
Yep. It’s a pidgin, born of texting and extreme youth. Get used to it.
be still my beating linguistics
Oh my goodness I love linguistics oh my ramalamadingdong
Also I love how tumblr is a pidgin you can basically only learn through immersion, the way you learned your first language. There’s a few glossaries of terms and so on, but there’s no course to take, no studying it. Just diving in and using it, figuring it out as you go - and influencing it as you go too. Because there’s no Academy of Tumblrese. There’s no centralized authority to say this or that is or isn’t right. It’s purely what people decide to use. And anyone can potentially contribute, even the greenest tumblr newbie, just by talking.
I love when the Internet gets together and discusses the cultural development of a community ^u^ Also, totally putting this in ,y Linguistics folder because this is seriously the coolest thing ever. I can tumble for school now!
Oct01.13, Re Loki Takes Over the World:
Long story short: Agent Gladys Scott, laundry technician, made a stupid horrible awful mistake. Somehow she’s still alive with a RaDISH full of nifty stuff and an unknown number of parallel realities to explore.
And has just entered the grand hall of the European residence of one Emperor Loki.
(He took over the world.)
"Oh no, I’m not here to stop you," I said quickly, "In fact, I think what you’re doing - taking out terrorist cells and uniting the populous, ending world hunger, repairing ignorance - is totally awesome and I would be the same things I would do if I were in your shoes. You’re single-handedly making the world a better place and cleaning up all the mistakes and stumbles of the human race. It’s fantastic!
“But let me warn you: humans don’t take well to that kinda thing. It’s what makes us so loveable.”
“According to whom?”
“Who, actually. That’s the question; the first question, the oldest question-“
“Ah, so you speak of your Doctor.”
“But is he not fictional?”
Must remember for Agent Stone…
ooc; Alright, just a disclaimer here— This is all my opinion. I fully support the fact roleplayers have the freedom to do whatever they want with their blogs and anyone convincing you otherwise is a butt. Kill them. [But no don’t murder that’s bad]
- Be realistic. There’s nothing wrong with uniqueness— Uniqueness sets S.H.I.E.L.D. agents apart from any other organization. But S.H.I.E.L.D. also has rules and protocol. There can only be so many exceptions. If you’re a 16 y.o., department head with Level 10 clearance after only five months at S.H.I.E.L.D., there’s going to be some number crunching that will have me scratching my head.
- IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE TRAGIC. This is where my ultimate opinion comes in. I’m not sayin’ bubbly happy-go-lucky here, but Jesus— Do all of our parents have to be murdered in front of us by ninja assassins as children? I know tragedy and vengeance are S.H.I.E.L.D.’s middle names, but a little variety and realism is refreshing. Again, that’s just my preference.
- Brush up on S.H.I.E.L.D.. Wikis, comics, MCU, etc. S.H.I.E.L.D. is a network of thousands of people with ten of thousands of stories. Learn some key history you can refer to in threads. You don’t have to be an expert, but you should know about your character’s employers.
- Terminology -> *IMPORTANTE*. I actually think this is one of the most important parts of playing a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Learn the agent talk. Whatever your position is, break out some sticky notes and post them up somewhere nice and pretty. Remember universals— We all have to write ‘missives’, we all have ‘dossiers’. Pilots can man ‘Quinjets’ and someone’s always blaming someone in ‘R&D’. If you know the vocab. words, you can bullshit your way through anything.
- And lastly, the mundane can be the most fun to play. Not every day at S.H.I.E.L.D. is a Chitauri attack on New York. It’s the little things that breath life into your character. The details that wouldn’t make it on a big screen aren’t necessarily unimportant. This is why we have headcanons, tags dedicated to what our characters eat and listen to, text messages sent and unsent. Any OC should be worth the details.
So anyway. Don’t let anything deter you from making your new character. If it’s your first S.H.I.E.L.D. OC, don’t sweat it. We all start somewhere. The key is learning and growing from it as a writer. I almost didn’t want to post this, because I get so afraid of voicing my opinion in front of others. But eventually you learn to cry ‘fuck it’. It’s your blog. Do what you want, have fun with a capital F, because roleplaying is something you should enjoy. Don’t forget that.
[Submitted by: John Seavey
Mr. Stark’s work with carbon fibers is intended as a revolutionary new project that could lead to a space elevator; NOT a tow rope long enough to waterski from the Helicarrier.
On a related note, I expect Capt. Rogers’ shield to be returned to him by the end of the day, or else.]
[Good morning Director Fury,
This happened. Four of my fingers are broken, two were dislocated, and my left thumb is doing some weird clicky thing. I also want to apologize for clinging to you like that, I wasn’t exactly in my right mind. Could I maybe have a short term transfer to the ground please?]
Thank you very much for your time,
- Gladys Scott