|spanish and italian:||So THESE words are feminine and THESE words are masculine, and you ALWAYS put an adjective AFTER the noun.|
|french:||haha i dont fuckin know man just do whatever|
|german:||LET'S ADD A NEUTRAL NOUN HAHA|
|english:||*shooting up in the bathroom*|
|gaelic:||the pronounciation changes depending on the gender and what letter the word starts and ends with and hahah i dont even know good fucking luck|
|polish:||here have all of these consonants have fun|
|japanese:||subject article noun article verb. too bad there's three fucking alphabets lmao hope your first language isn't western|
|welsh:||sneeze, and chances are you've got it right. idfk|
|chinese:||here's a picture. draw it. it means something. it can be pronounced three different ways. these twenty other pictures are pronounced the same but have very different meanings. godspeed.|
|Arabic:||so here's this one word. it actually translates to three words. also pronouns don't really exist. the gender is all in the verb. have fun!|
|Latin:||here memorize 500 charts and then you still dont know what the fuck is happening|
|Sign Language:||If you move this sign by a tenth of an inch, you'll be signing "penis"|
Must remember for Agent Stone…
ooc; Alright, just a disclaimer here— This is all my opinion. I fully support the fact roleplayers have the freedom to do whatever they want with their blogs and anyone convincing you otherwise is a butt. Kill them. [But no don’t murder that’s bad]
- Be realistic. There’s nothing wrong with uniqueness— Uniqueness sets S.H.I.E.L.D. agents apart from any other organization. But S.H.I.E.L.D. also has rules and protocol. There can only be so many exceptions. If you’re a 16 y.o., department head with Level 10 clearance after only five months at S.H.I.E.L.D., there’s going to be some number crunching that will have me scratching my head.
- IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE TRAGIC. This is where my ultimate opinion comes in. I’m not sayin’ bubbly happy-go-lucky here, but Jesus— Do all of our parents have to be murdered in front of us by ninja assassins as children? I know tragedy and vengeance are S.H.I.E.L.D.’s middle names, but a little variety and realism is refreshing. Again, that’s just my preference.
- Brush up on S.H.I.E.L.D.. Wikis, comics, MCU, etc. S.H.I.E.L.D. is a network of thousands of people with ten of thousands of stories. Learn some key history you can refer to in threads. You don’t have to be an expert, but you should know about your character’s employers.
- Terminology -> *IMPORTANTE*. I actually think this is one of the most important parts of playing a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Learn the agent talk. Whatever your position is, break out some sticky notes and post them up somewhere nice and pretty. Remember universals— We all have to write ‘missives’, we all have ‘dossiers’. Pilots can man ‘Quinjets’ and someone’s always blaming someone in ‘R&D’. If you know the vocab. words, you can bullshit your way through anything.
- And lastly, the mundane can be the most fun to play. Not every day at S.H.I.E.L.D. is a Chitauri attack on New York. It’s the little things that breath life into your character. The details that wouldn’t make it on a big screen aren’t necessarily unimportant. This is why we have headcanons, tags dedicated to what our characters eat and listen to, text messages sent and unsent. Any OC should be worth the details.
So anyway. Don’t let anything deter you from making your new character. If it’s your first S.H.I.E.L.D. OC, don’t sweat it. We all start somewhere. The key is learning and growing from it as a writer. I almost didn’t want to post this, because I get so afraid of voicing my opinion in front of others. But eventually you learn to cry ‘fuck it’. It’s your blog. Do what you want, have fun with a capital F, because roleplaying is something you should enjoy. Don’t forget that.
[Submitted by: John Seavey
Mr. Stark’s work with carbon fibers is intended as a revolutionary new project that could lead to a space elevator; NOT a tow rope long enough to waterski from the Helicarrier.
On a related note, I expect Capt. Rogers’ shield to be returned to him by the end of the day, or else.]
[Good morning Director Fury,
This happened. Four of my fingers are broken, two were dislocated, and my left thumb is doing some weird clicky thing. I also want to apologize for clinging to you like that, I wasn’t exactly in my right mind. Could I maybe have a short term transfer to the ground please?]
Thank you very much for your time,
- Gladys Scott
I want to write about these now ^^ (with your permission of course!) Thank you Hyperactivesammich!
A/N: Inspired by the various Clint RP blogs I follow, as well as ask-agentcoulson, who is the best damn Coulson ever in my opinion.
From: Maria Hill
To: Clinton Barton
Copied: Nicholas Fury, Phillip Coulson
Agent Barton. It has recently come to Director Fury’s attention, as well as my own, that you have, essentially, been allowed to roam free across the helicarrier causing mayhem and scaring the new recruits. This cannot be allowed to continue, therefore I have compiled a list of your unacceptable behaviour.
Read it, or I will take away Thor’s poptarts and lock you in an Asgardian-proof room with him.
Went to school with tally marks on my hands.
Four people asked me what it was.
One girl practically had a panic attack
And my science teacher asked me if I’d seen the Silence, so I responded “The What?” and his face went blank, and he replied. “What were you asking me about?” I just about cried laughing so hard.
we should have a day where whovians worldwide go out with tally marks on their hands and arms, freak the world out a little bit
^^This needs to happen.
Can we make this happen? How about April 23rd, the day The Impossible Astronaut (the first episode The Silence showed up in) aired. Yeah? C’mon people, let’s make this happen :D
HEAR THAT WHOVIANS?! This is happening. April 23rd. Tally marks on your hands and arms. DO IT.
My eyeliner is now on a string around my neck. I AM READY!!! Who wants to call Moffat and tell him this is happening?